design programs

Discussion in 'Landscape Architecture and Design' started by cutbetterthanyou, Feb 21, 2007.

1. cutbetterthanyou

cutbetterthanyou LawnSite Bronze Member

I do not do a lot of landscaping yet, but would like to move more in that direction. I was wondering what the best design program is? I am not the greatest on a computer so something pretty easy to pick up would be great. I think that this is something I need I want to present myself as a professional and I want a customer to know what they are buying.I am not the kind of guy to draw something on a piece of notebook paper and hand it to them.What are your opinions? Is this a necessity?

2. Travel'n Trees

Travel'n Trees LawnSite Senior Member

Landscape Pro bill 3.jpg

bill0009.jpg

bill 3.jpg

bill0009.jpg

3. cutbetterthanyou

cutbetterthanyou LawnSite Bronze Member

Which one don't they have like 12 of them. I was just reading on anotheir post where some people were having problems with number 12

4. Travel'n Trees

They are just more current versions.

5. lawn guy1350

lawn guy1350 LawnSite Member

ive heard that landscape pro is quiet expensive...is that what im going to expect with any of these programs? looks nice though.

6. Travel'n Trees

I've had cheap doesn't compare. Bottem line it sells product. I have not gotten a job last year this is one of my tools. Getting the overages went to about 80 to 90 percent.

7. lawn guy1350

lawn guy1350 LawnSite Member

well i guess i shouldnt cheap out then. im still in the learning process of landscaping. so im takin it slow. this site has defiantely helped out alot.

8. GreenN'Clean

GreenN'Clean LawnSite Bronze Member

I have the Master Landscape Pro version 10 made by punch and it has worked great for me, just took a couple weeks of trial and error to figure out how to use it but its paid off

9. Dreams To Designs

Dreams To Designs LawnSite Bronze Member

cbty, at the point you are in now, software will likely not be the answer you are looking for. I'm sure you would like to add this service and get bigger and better landscape jobs, but I think an alternative direction may suit you better. Check around in your area, or even her at lawnsite, and find yourself a designer to work with. If you have a good business going now and wish to expand, hopefully you do not have the time, energy or knowledge to add another facet of the industry to your personal responsibilities. Just as you would not take on paver work, hopefully, with no tools or experience, design is another realm of the landscape industry that needs someone with tremendous knowledge, artistic talent and typically a set of tools or software that they are comfortable and skilled with.

If you jobs are to remain small, graph paper and maybe one of the homeowner type 3D image softwares will suit you, but if you want to wow a client and land the quality landscapes to be proud of, find someone that can assist you and take advantage of their knowledge and skills.

Kirk

10. Trinity Lawn Care  LLC

Trinity Lawn Care LLC LawnSite Senior Member
    from NJ

I agree with Kirk on this. We can not be experts in all areas, and if design is not one of those areas for you that is alright. However, you and your business would be better off if you found someone who is. If you get a professional designer to do it you can concentrate on what you do best. The design is the first chance of really "Wowing" the customer. If you have a professional doing it you will have a greater chance of success at that. You will have the right plant for the right place, and You and Your company look like the champions in the industry to them. JMO