design software help

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by schriekscapes, Apr 8, 2008.

1. schriekscapes

schriekscapes LawnSite Member

anyone know of a design program that isn't $1000. Where you can upload a photos of the house where you are doing the design and add or remove shrubs?

2. Dreams To Designs

Dreams To Designs LawnSite Bronze Member

There are a couple of software titles that will do what you are looking for. They are designed for homeowners, but may suit your purpose. The caveat with any imaging program, whether it is $100 or $1500 is they are not useful for designing. They are great for presentation, but no good for layout. Sizing and spacing is entirely up to the user, not reality. Because of the pretty nature of this type of software, very poorly designed landscapes can look good, but be impractical and nonsustainable. If you have already created a plan or layout, imaging software can be a great tool to assist your client in understanding what you are trying to convey. Punch & Broderbund both make programs that are popular, but limited in their capabilities.

If you have designs or layouts, and just need imaging, many designers including myself offer that service on an hourly basis. You only have to send the photo you want imaged with a copy of your plan or a verbal description and the imaging can be created for you so that you can continue to sell and install.

Kirk

3. jwillaford

jwillaford LawnSite Member

Well, I know of a free software. It probably could do that if you had some photoshop skills to go with it. It produced by google. It's called SketchUp. We've used it on smaller jobs that don't need dramatic prints from our designer.

4. schriekscapes

schriekscapes LawnSite Member

thanks for the help

5. mobileboy

mobileboy LawnSite Member

I use imagine pro for the type of imaging that Kirk is talking about. It is very easy to use, and I think it cost me 40 bucks. Import the pics, add flowers shrubs,trees, features, mulch, etc. My clients love the visual!! I'm attaching an example that I created with the software. It was a very quick (1 hr) image; you can do much better with the program, but it gets the point across.

landscape houses - rose - 8-07 005.jpg

exit1.jpg