Design Software?!?!

Discussion in 'Irrigation' started by fire&rain, Jan 22, 2006.

1. fire&rain

fire&rain LawnSite Member

Who is using what? I have been looking into getting RainCad and will probably make my decision in the next few days. I still have a few questions about most of the software especially the RainCad (this looks like the best I have seen yet).

If anyone has any suggestions, I would greatly appreciate the input before I make the jump.

Thanks again.

Charlie Nieman
    Fire & Rain

2. Tommyclarkwtx

Tommyclarkwtx LawnSite Member
    from waco TX

i use auto cad I love it

3. PurpHaze

PurpHaze LawnSite Fanatic

I use Rain CAD. Learning curve but it does what it's supposed to.

4. SONSCAPES

SONSCAPES LawnSite Member

is raincad beginner friendly and how much is it? thanks

5. PurpHaze

PurpHaze LawnSite Fanatic

It has tutorial exercises with it to teach the basics. The key to the whole thing is setting up your databases which is time consuming. I was up and running with it in a fairly short time but I already had the design background using drafting board. The one thing I didn't like was the materials takeoff part. I only use this part now to get overall pipe sizes/amounts and then I do the takeoff the old fashioned way by hand.

I know they have a newer addition now but I haven't been able to push for the new program. Perhaps it's even easier than the model I have.

I can't remember what the cost was because we got an educational discount from the company. Still, I believe it's under 1K.

6. SONSCAPES

SONSCAPES LawnSite Member

thank you! for the help