1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Design Software

Discussion in 'Irrigation' started by Gatewayuser, Nov 25, 2007.

1. Gatewayuser

Gatewayuser LawnSite Bronze Member

What kind of irrigation design software does everyone use? I just bought a new laptop for this kind of software. Also if it does landscape design thats a plus. I still would do the landscape design by hand but it would be nice to show the clients what their landscape would look like years down the road. Thanks for any help!
  2. hoskm01

hoskm01 LawnSite Fanatic

Usually by hand. There are some that do both.
  3. Wet_Boots

Wet_Boots LawnSite Fanatic

I just show my prospective client this depiction of their landscape with a few years time

4. EagleLandscape

EagleLandscape LawnSite Platinum Member
    Male, from Garland, Texas

If it is a small job I'll do it by hand. But, if I want to impress them I'll do it on AutoCad.

Pro Landscape is another one that alot of people use for landscape design. RB makes RainCAD or something like that.
  5. sprinklerchris

sprinklerchris LawnSite Senior Member
    from Georgia

We use RainCAD exclusively. One of the best and easiest to use programs out there.

It's made by Software Republic http://www.softwarerepublic.com

They developed it originally for Rain Bird and then kept it when RB pulled the plug about 10 years ago. They just came out with a new version.
  6. jimmyburg

jimmyburg LawnSite Senior Member

7. Gatewayuser

Gatewayuser LawnSite Bronze Member

Ok great thank you everyone! Anyone else?
  8. zman9119

zman9119 LawnSite Senior Member