1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

design software

Discussion in 'Landscape Architecture and Design' started by sltodd, Feb 17, 2004.

1. sltodd

sltodd LawnSite Member

I want to start doing my designs on the computer, via digital photos & a good program. Last year I tried the black & decker version--could not get it to work. I hear the good programs are around 3 grand, but are worth it, any opinions?
  2. ParkerLawn

ParkerLawn LawnSite Senior Member
    from KY

Best program available is Pro Landscape and it is about $1200 and worth every penny.
  3. Feeling like you, I purchased Master Landscape & home design by Punch Software - I seem to recall for around $80.00. It is awesome. I am pretty good with computer programs/applications - bu this did have a 5-6 hour learning curve, it just is very powerful. Also, you need a beefy machine, leaning ram to really use without frustration. I purchased it from CompUSA or Office Depot or Staples.

Hope this helps,

4. Let it Grow

Let it Grow LawnSite Senior Member

You can get good deals on this software (Punch master landscape). I bought a copy last night for $49.99 with a $20.00 rebate cupon. It seems to be worth the money.
  5. Team Gopher

Team Gopher LawnSite Platinum Member
    from -

Hi Let it Grow,

Do you have any images that you have created with it that you can post?
  6. Let it Grow

Let it Grow LawnSite Senior Member

Hey Gopher, I'm working on one for a client right now. I'm still learning the program so it won't be as good as it could be. I'll try to post it on Sunday maybe.
  7. Turfdude

Turfdude LawnSite Bronze Member

We're very happy w/ Visual Impact Imaging (Earthscape) program
  8. NickN

NickN LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Alabama

Hey folks,
    Don't forget to go to Punch's website.They have some free updates available.
  9. elwin

elwin LawnSite Member

I just purchased Pro Landscape ver. 10. I know I have a learning curve, but I see some real potential for this program. One thing I am having trouble with is on my original photo of a customer’s property, there are very mature shrubs, that block off the front of the house, siding, windows, corners, porch, and subbase of the house. In the tutorials it demonstrate how to remove (actually cover it up) a small electrical outlet in the wall. But with this house I cannot use the clone brush for I cannot get a clear section to clone. Is there some other way to get rid of the old shrubs, etc. in front of the house? I cannot not just put new plants in there for they will never grow to the size of the old ones. Plus I want to show a raised patio and wall but the old porch is camouflaged.
    I looked at other software and they all demonstrated small thing to remove, for example an outdoor grill. No problem there was a large wall to clone from. Any ideas?
  10. NickN

NickN LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Alabama

Hey elwin,
    On Punch's software you can edit the age of the plant when you install it.So,in order to grow your plant you may have to fudge the age of the plant during install.Does Pro Landscape allow you to do that?If so,try that to make your plants larger.