design software

Discussion in 'Landscape Architecture and Design' started by capescaper, Jul 4, 2004.

1. capescaper

capescaper LawnSite Member

I am looking to purchase a landscape design program. Does anyone use them ,if so what is the best one, the easiest to use , and where can i get one. thanks

2. NNJLandman

NNJLandman LawnSite Bronze Member

From what I have seen and heard, Pro Landscape makes an awesome program. You should check it out. Someone taught me how to use it once and showed me the whole program but i never got to acctually run it myself. Its pretty neat how you can work up a design and then work up your estimate and all right in one program. Good Luck.

Jeff

3. Lombardi

Lombardi LawnSite Senior Member

If you are just starting out I would recommend PUNCH. It is cheap and available at Best Buy, Circuit City, etc.
    PRO is very expensive but will help sell jobs easier.

4. Turf Medic

Turf Medic LawnSite Bronze Member

Sounded like good advice to me, just bought Punch Master Landscape off of ebay, $52 delivered. Figured if the landscaping develops we will upgrade to the Landscape Pro.

5. double e

double e LawnSite Member

capescaper rules

6. Scag48

Scag48 LawnSite Fanatic

We use Pro Landscape and as said above, it is awesome. Quite spendy, but it is well worth the investment. I will suggest to start with something cheaper and upgrade later, that's what we did.

7. prizeprop

prizeprop LawnSite Senior Member

We use DesignWare. I believe it cost about $700.00 about five years ago. I just recieved a news letter from the company stating a new upgrade with new design features have 'nt checked it out yet. www.DesignImagingGroup.com phone: 631-654-1600

8. clyde

clyde LawnSite Senior Member

depending on how serious u want to get with this as far as the final project results go

I use just cad because it just me.... most of the times

and then i have used 3d Max or Viz.

which allows u to import textures for mapping

http://www4.discreet.com/3dsmax/

same thing all these commercial and movie guys are using
    i use it at the school ... sorta expensive.

Cad also ....

but if u are doing it full time it shouldn't be.....

Oh check out the design and visulations on that sight.
    its on the left 3rd one down... cooooooool stuff

i only work about 20-30 hrs a week school the rest of the time.