Design Software

Discussion in 'Landscape Architecture and Design' started by Rwise10230, Mar 7, 2005.

1. Rwise10230

Rwise10230 LawnSite Member

Alright folks....tell me the best software to use for landscaping design. Preferably one that includes a complete plant database and one that may be compatible with AutoCAD 2000.

I'm not talking about this cheap stuff you buy at Best Buy but professional design software!

2. bigviclbi

bigviclbi LawnSite Senior Member
    from nj

Try a search on Dynascape and Pro Landscape which is a sponsor and has a link at the top of the page.

3. Rwise10230

Rwise10230 LawnSite Member

Thanks for the reply. However , their price is almost $1300 and I suckered up one time and paid that for AutoCAD. I learned not to pay that much to watch a grasshopper eat a bale of hay! BUT...I do have a chance to buy their Version 9 for a little over $100 which I may do.

Now, to the contrary, I don't want something at $29.95 either.

I was really curious to see who actually uses what out there and seriously consider the most popular.

4. cgland

cgland LawnSite Bronze Member

We use DIG Designware. We bought the 4 pack which includes designware, planscape, land quote and designware at night. They were running a special for all four...$1,000 Pretty good deal I thought. Check them out...www.designimaginggroup.com

Chris

5. bigviclbi

bigviclbi LawnSite Senior Member
    from nj

Looks pretty good for a 3d program but does it do 2d plans too? Man would I love to get Dynascapes or pro landscape but you're right so damn expensive. I currently use a copy of visio 5.0 and its pretty decent for 2d plans, but you are limited to smaller paper designs. I'd love to be able to have a full scale plan.WHAT IS VERSION 9?