Designed a logo...any suggestions??

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by mrbray101, Jan 7, 2006.

1. mrbray101

mrbray101 LawnSite Senior Member

Here's my new logo, any ciritism is appreciated. Thanks, also I designed it using paint and picture it. Thanks for the replies.

LAWN LOGO.jpg

2. mrbray101

Heres a newer pic, it was a little off centered and the horizontal black line was uneven, this should be a little better.

LAWN LOGO.jpg

3. Gatewayuser

Gatewayuser LawnSite Bronze Member

It will be hard to read on a truck because your name is a little blurry other then that not bad. Also fyi white and blue are the easiest color to read, and thats what I use. Good Luck and welcome to Lawn Site!:waving:

4. Killswitch

Killswitch LawnSite Senior Member

Add a thin line of turf on your horizon, and personally Im not a huge fan of anything brown especially typeface but thats your decision but some color/turf might look nice. Thin line.....just enough to show up on printing and reproduction.

5. Killswitch

Killswitch LawnSite Senior Member

Well now that I look you have the tree forward for a depth feel...which is cool, but see if you can squeeze in some turf....I dunno man. All my ads end up boring and uninspirational so Im not a good one to suggest things.

heh

Good luck

6. Landscape25

Landscape25 LawnSite Member
    from Florida

Maybe make the tree green, although blue would be best against orange, but that won't work. I would use a different font too. I had mine font done professionally and still am not so sure I like it.

The color wheel says orange, green and violet are a triad.
    Blue-green and Blue-violet are the spit-compliments of orange.

Check at a sign place. I used clip art for mine, they straightened out the edges for me, it wasn't that much.

7. mrbray101

Thanks for all the replies, I think I may just take this design to a sign place and tell them I want something similar and see what they come up with. Thanks for the comments though.

8. mrbray101

I havent been by a sign shop yet but I played with it a little more. I think it looks a little more professional now and the letters seem a little clearer to read. My truck is white and trailer is black so I think it would go fairly well.

LAWNLOGO.jpg

9. dKoester

dKoester LawnSite Gold Member

change the orange to green. more freindly of a color

10. mrbray101

a green sun?