Designed by web designer $290.00

Discussion in 'Digital Marketing' started by LawnsRUsInc., Jan 24, 2006.

1. LawnsRUsInc.

LawnsRUsInc. LawnSite Senior Member
    from midwest

This site was built for me and iam just looking for feed back before i tell him ok put it up at lawnsrus.com here is the link to view it. Please let me know any suggestions. Thanks in advance Jason http://www.poboyweb.com/lawnsrus/

2. DLS1

DLS1 LawnSite Bronze Member

Very impressive pictures and like the layout. Ddin't read much of wording but i noticed grass was spelled gras under the Late Spring application area.

Why are you giving them an option of 3 - 5 applications. Why not 5 apps as the minimum. I would list the optional applications with an ** or something to make them stand out as optional. I didn't notice but are you applying Manage for Nutsedge as an optional application or is that included in one of your applications. Do you get nutsedge in your area?

Need to spell check everything but looks good for the price.c

3. LawnsRUsInc.

from midwest

actually to the how many app's i hire the fert out so i have no clue they sell as if they are us. If that makes sense, but i was just pondering the idea of doing it inhouse again since we have alot more customers then we did 2 years ago. Thank you again DLS1 i will have those changes be made.

4. ritchiem

ritchiem LawnSite Member

SEO needs to be done...if you got someone to build this site for you for a fee...make sure they do this.

Your fonts change from page to page...some Ariel, some New Times, some 12point, some 14point.

Overall your site looks good...images are optimized for fast download. My only concern would really be the SEO for the site. No titles on any pages, no MetaTag Keywords or Discription. Make sure you MetaTags match your pages content.

5. EliteImpressions

EliteImpressions LawnSite Member
    from Jersey

Looks good to me, especially for the price.

Only thing I would change is on the fert. page. I dont know why but the yellow highlights look like something you would see on a website trying to sell ebooks or get rich quick scheme.

Joe

6. LawnsRUsInc.

from midwest

LOL Joe that is funny i agree with u on that one. :)

7. gqnine44

gqnine44 LawnSite Senior Member

Site looks good. Did you take the pictures or did you find them on the web?

8. grassmanak

grassmanak LawnSite Senior Member

website looks great, but why do you have such a horrible URL, could you pick something quick and easy, i just bought the domain
    www.beautiful-lawn.com for $6.00

9. Grn Mtn

Grn Mtn LawnSite Senior Member

Great website considering under $300. It will be a great tool for you.

10. topsites

topsites LawnSite Fanatic

This is the standard job I see all around the Web, for the usual high price...

Although the site looks ok at a glance, the images are hardly optimized... Just the background alone comes in at 12k for a small square which in just minutes I got it down to 6k, likely another 2k can be shaved off, to say it's 50 percent inefficient is an understatement.

None of the pages have a document declaration which makes de-bugging next to impossible, but assuming HTML 4.01 transitional there turns up a fair slew of errors. Besides deprecated / invalid tags (which can be discounted with certain DOCTYPEs), there exist duplicate and missing tags, inline vs. block element conflicts, illegal characters, unknown character encoding, missing type declarations and a whole list of stuff.
    See:
    http://www.htmlhelp.com/cgi-bin/val...oboyweb.com/lawnsrus/&warnings=yes&spider=yes

For that kind of money a lot more work needs to be done: the site should've been built right in the first place, in the same amount of time.