1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

designed this logo myself. good or bad.??

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by Billie Bob's LLC, Mar 3, 2009.

1. Billie Bob's LLC

Billie Bob's LLC LawnSite Member

i know the tree needs work. i dont think im going to be able to put stars in the tree either. do you think itll be alright without it or it has to be there. good idea all around?

Attached Files:

2. triadpm

triadpm LawnSite Member
    from md

I think the stars would complete it, but I do like it. For some reason I could picture an armdillo at the base of the tree being from Texas. Good job
  3. BigDigger

BigDigger LawnSite Senior Member

Hi there, it's a nice concept with the tree. I would suggest however getting the "All American" part to arc evenly above the tree, your "A" and "N" at the begining and end of the top line are sort of tilted a bit funny. So yea, just a couple tweeks, it's very nice, and simple. Easy to read when your driving by. That's how it should be.

4. DynaMow

DynaMow LawnSite Senior Member

here you will get more response if we can see it right here

your letters are not spaced right, the A is tilted wrong, the arc is not true. MS word art is not the best. Want me to fix it up for you? It will only take about 5 minutes, I will do it in photoshop.

I do like the concept however, pretty cool.
  5. BigDigger

BigDigger LawnSite Senior Member

Now that's team work!!!!

nice work
  6. Billie Bob's LLC

i appreciate that guys. just looking for a little help here. dynamow, if you could do that, it'd be greatly appreciated. i do not have the best software to do this like i should and im too stubborn to go by what i need. good or bad, thank you for all feedback and helping it get to where it needs to be. thanks again.

7. Scott's Lawn Care

Scott's Lawn Care LawnSite Member

I think it looks pretty good!
  8. grasschopperofchicago

grasschopperofchicago LawnSite Member

I like the concept, not sold on the entire design however, something is missing, I wonder how it would look with the trunk to the tree in the black and JUST the leaf "area" as the flag?..might change the contrast a bit...of course color of truck you are sticking it on will also change that.---great job just seems like it needs an adjustment somewhere
  9. jhastrello

jhastrello LawnSite Member

Myself, don't really care for it. Never have much liked it when someone tries to blend the flag into something else (simply personal preference). I guess the question I would ask is:

'What does All American Lawn & Tree supposed to mean to a consumer?

Guess I'm asking about your company name, more so than the logo. Just curious - everyone should do their own thing, as they see fit.
  10. Billie Bob's LLC

i suppose i picked the flag blending with the tree because the flag is the generic symbol for american and the tree representing the industry. i'd say when i hear all american i would believe people would think honesty and professionalism. something that comes with the military or something even though i have no ties with the military. just a spur of the moment deal, stayed up all night and wanted advice. thanks