Designer locator

Discussion in 'Landscape Architecture and Design' started by Total Landscape Solutions, Mar 4, 2007.

1. Total Landscape Solutions

Total Landscape Solutions LawnSite Member

Anybody know of any web-sites or organizations that will help me find landscape designers in my area. I don't mind doing small designs or additions to the landscape, but I'm looking to find a good independent designer that could do an entire master plan. Most landscape firms that design are design/build, I just want to find a good designer.

2. PaperCutter

PaperCutter LawnSite Bronze Member

3. Dreams To Designs

Dreams To Designs LawnSite Bronze Member

TLS, good move on your part. Try the APLD site, and also check with any schools that may have a horticulture or design program locally. You can also check with some of the nurseries, they usually know who the designers are in relation to the design/build firms. Often designers may have a more steady job at a nursery, garden center or even with a landscaping firm, but do independent design work on the side. It's tough to make a living as an independent designer until you've created an installer base that will feed you steady work.

Also Andrew, AGLA may know of someone that may help. He works out of Mass, but surely has contacts that may be of assistance.

Kirk

4. PaperCutter

PaperCutter LawnSite Bronze Member

Contact Tranquil Watergardens (www.tranquilwatergardens.com) in RI- they may not be too far away from you, and they may be able to refer you.

Dave

5. jbailey52

jbailey52 LawnSite Bronze Member

Cant Help you in your area... but "Total landscape Solutions" with a name like that, makes me think you should already know! :rolleyes: j/k