Designing a sprayer truck

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by Texas Mower Parts, Dec 15, 2007.

1. Texas Mower Parts

Texas Mower Parts LawnSite Senior Member
    from Texas

If you were designing a truck to do residental and small-medium commercial would you build one with 1 tank and some sort of chemical injection or 3-4 tanks for seperate products? To me the single tank with an injector seems the best, but I don't know all of the pros and cons. Thanks
  2. Grass Happens

Grass Happens LawnSite Senior Member

Depends on how many accounts you would be spraying, and how many diffrent chemicals you would be using. If your going to send out the truck to do a few accounts of 4 diffrent products , then multi tanks is the way to go. if you just want a route with a lot of stops of, say fert or just trimec, then a single tank would be ideal.
  3. Ric

Ric LawnSite Fanatic

You are not the first to think of this great set up. If it worked the custom blending for better work and lower material cost would be wonderful.

IF IT WORKED I would of had that set up a long time ago. The problem is the reliability of the injectors. I have looked at injector systems from $ 275.00 to $ 10,000 and all of the info I found says the injectors mess up. Most of the salesmen admitted they have minor problem all the time. If they ever get them perfected I think all pesticide set ups should be injector.
  4. boats47

boats47 LawnSite Member

I worked with Sherrill Tree in designing a truck, be aware they are not cheap! You may be better off looking used spray rigs from companies that have gone under. My truck was designed with (3) 200 gal tanks (2) mixing tanks 10 gal a piece hand wash station and hose reels with 400 feet of 3/8th, 300 feet 1/2", 300 feet 3/4". The rear of truck has storage for a pallet and half of fert, tools boxes either side of rig and one box under the rig driver side, passenger side has the pipes for the tanks and the pump PTO. The truck is GMC 5500 dsl.
  5. PHS

PHS LawnSite Senior Member

Are your "mixing tanks" the same thing as an inductor tank? I had inductors on a couple different rigs and almost never used them.
  6. ICT Bill

ICT Bill LawnSite Platinum Member

Sherrill Tree does an excellent job on spray rigs, small and large, they are the only ones I know of that have done the science on injector systems.

They have a lot of organic lawn accounts that spray compost teas and most of them have 1 or 2 main tanks an up to 5 mixer tanks. They all meet at the end of the nozzle so that you can spray different mixes at different times.

Nice rigs and really good quality
  7. phasthound

phasthound LawnSite Platinum Member

While Sherrill makes a good spray rig, it was copied and upgraded from an earlier version made by Green Pro. I would have to say if you want the best quality rig with the most options from pick up to large truck, contact
  8. PHS

PHS LawnSite Senior Member

9. teeca

teeca LawnSite Bronze Member

you could pick up a used trugreen truck, might have to sink a few bucks in it, but they are set up nice (the one's i've seen). just make sure the tanks hold water. try this link
  10. teeca

teeca LawnSite Bronze Member