designing my logo

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by stevesmowing, Feb 6, 2007.

1. stevesmowing

stevesmowing LawnSite Senior Member

I am working on designing a logo. I have seen some really good ones but I wanted to see if I could make something myself with out spending $180 to have one of the online places do it. Let me know what you think on these 2. These are only concepts I've started to make. Nothing Final.

logo 3b.jpg

logo 2f.jpg

2. toac

toac LawnSite Senior Member

I'd take the mower off, it just doesn't look right. To be honest, I really don't like either of them. Go to gophergraphics.com. They have several hundred logo templates.

3. toac

Here's the link:

Logos

4. stevesmowing

part of my problem is the length of my business name. Are all of those templates free at gopher?

5. toac

As far as I know they are all free. They give you the basic backround and you have to put in all of your own information. (name, phone number, etc)

6. GreenN'Clean

GreenN'Clean LawnSite Bronze Member

I believe that they are all free.

7. ALarsh

ALarsh LawnSite Silver Member
    from Midwest

Yeah $180 is a lot of money but it represents your company and I wouldn't cheap out on it. I just spent $220 to get mine redone.

8. stevesmowing

I designed a bunch more logo's. They are all in the Image below. Let me know what you think and if you guys have any favorites.

ALL LOGOS low res.jpg

9. Pepler's Lawncare

Pepler's Lawncare LawnSite Member

i like the 5th one down from the left...and the 3rd on over from the top...need to put your number in there....dont want a design that is too busy or is hard for the reader to read when your passing by or when they are..i use to design logos before i got into the landscapeing business...

on the 5th one down try replaceing those leaves with that grass graphic....might look good. Try also switching the lawncare and Steve's Cutting edge. You could also just have the name be Cutting Edge Lawncare. Im not trying to change your business name but it might fit better. Hope this helps.

10. stevesmowing

Thanks for the ideas. I've had the DBA for Steve's Cutting Edge Lawn Care for a year now.