Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by MOW ED, Apr 22, 2001.

1. morturf

morturf LawnSite Senior Member
    from midwest

Here is a subject that is near to my.....well best left unsaid.

Ok, here is another one that works....Mexsana Powder..I find it better than gold bond or baby powder. It has corn starch and zinc oxide in it, a shot in the shorts in the morning and afternoon for perventative will keep the boys happy and comfortable.

I had a kid that worked for me and he thought I was nuts (no pun intended). I gave him some one day and cured him. Later he went to basic training in San Antonio in July. My going away present, you got it, a bottle of Mexsana. He said it saved his a$$ (pun intended). I really like this stuff. If you can find it, try Walmart or a local phamacy.

Now that we have gotten that out from between our legs, lets go to work.
  2. plow kid

plow kid Banned

it won't suprise me if it does
  3. CSRA Landscaping

CSRA Landscaping LawnSite Bronze Member

Well, I've got something that beats absorbine (sp?) jr., as far as stinging goes and I didn't think about the diaper rash ointment, much to my dismay, as I have a 2-year-old. My amazingly brilliant idea? Rubbing alcohol. All I can say is, after the stars cleared and the fire subsided, the pain was gone. I really wish I'd have had the ointment though ... (sigh)
  4. MikeLT1Z28

MikeLT1Z28 LawnSite Bronze Member

figuratively and literally!
  5. little green guy

little green guy LawnSite Senior Member

Man, I bet that rubbing alchahol must have felt real nice, ooocchhh!
  6. Chopper Lover

Chopper Lover LawnSite Senior Member

I feel for you on the rashes. Desitin does work well on the back side.

As for the front side, I tried the powder route for a while. Powder made it worse in the end (pun intended). The best prevention is to give up the powder and instead have a cup of yogurt with your lunch. It replaces the "good" bacteria in your system which is needed to keep the "bad" bacteria in check. Since I started eating the yogurt I have not had a problem (going on 3 years now).

AVRECON LawnSite Senior Member

Real pain with no relief is a boil on the tailbone or near the dark hole lol!, Now that will damn near make a grown man cry. You have to soak in epson salt to bring it to a head so you can bust it and get the fever out of it. Its alot of fun having one of those babies workin on ya.
  8. David Gretzmier

David Gretzmier LawnSite Gold Member

so glad that I'm brain dead... Ive used gold bond, super dooper diaper doo, and other diaper rash stuff for the problems, and baby powder medicated as a preventative measure. Dave g
  9. Doogiegh

Doogiegh LawnSite Senior Member

I haven't laughed this hard in years. Was the nut house a total loss or just damage to the exterior walls? <G>

Now, about 4 or 5 of you have said you take the Desitin or Gold bond WITH you in your "survival kit"?

And at exactly what location on your route do you "re-apply" some of this Desitin?

Uh, hey Jim.. go load the trailer, I gotta put a dab of you-know-what on the you-know-who's........

10. maple city

maple city LawnSite Senior Member

Remember the thread: Would you rather trim or mow? Now the people that picked trimming aren't as crazy, are they?!?

Anyway, being a girl, I can't say I've ever experienced these problems, but I did get a heck of a laugh out of all your pain!

You guys are TOO FUNNY!!!