1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Desoto County, Mississippi area????

Discussion in 'Network: South' started by LawnMagic1, May 26, 2003.

1. LawnMagic1

LawnMagic1 LawnSite Member

Anyone from the north Mississippi area looking to sub-contract some weed control work/lawn fertilization? I am liceased bonded and insured and willing to travel to most locations in Desoto county to provide services.
  2. ArchiesLawns

ArchiesLawns LawnSite Member
    from Alabama

I have some friends in Desoto county. I have never been able to get down to see them since they moved there. They live in a town called South Haven.

You probably get alot business from the Memphis area as they said they live 5 minutes from there. He is into International trade. Not an outdoors type man. Some of us have it and some don't!!!
  3. LawnMagic1

well i really dont get any business from memphis. i am only liceansed in MS.
  4. ScotLawn

ScotLawn LawnSite Senior Member

let me check with the builder I work with on a few properties and a sub-division entrance off college road. I know Chandler is doing the sub-division entrance as far as spraying goes. I'll see what I can drum up.

ON a side note, what all did you have to do to get the license in MS. I know TN is a pain.

5. LawnMagic1

To get your licease in MS you need to call the Dept. of Agriculture & Commerce and speak to John Corban who is the Pest Control Branch Director (662) 325-5207. All the exams are free. The exam I took was extremely easy. I was in and out in 45 min. After you get your test scores back, you have to get a 2,500 bond for weed control or 5,000 bond for weed & pest control. Then send in two passport photos, an approved company name, and proof of the bond and your in business.

Just e-mail me if you find out anything. Thanks!
  6. pandreson

pandreson LawnSite Member

Relocating to Northern Mississippi Crye-Leike, the largest real estate company in this area, is a full-service firm helping buyers and sellers with Mississippi real estate. Our property search site is constantly updated, bringing you timely information on Mississippi homes for sale.

Mississippi Alcohol Addiction Treatment