Detailled billing or not?

Discussion in 'Landscape Lighting' started by eclairagepaysager, May 4, 2014.

1. eclairagepaysager

eclairagepaysager LawnSite Member

I always give a price per fixture that includes labor, transfo, wire etc

Met someone who is the opposite, he details everything line per line. Fixture, bulb, wire, transfo.

I feel that it's easier for the client to negociate on every item.

What are your toughts?

(Go Habs Go) :)
  2. grandview (2006)

grandview (2006) LawnSite Gold Member

Parts are ok,but when you list labor they have a cow. Most of the time I just list it as parts and labor on some job as a total price.
  3. S&MLL

S&MLL LawnSite Senior Member

Per zone pricing
    Posted via Mobile Device
  4. Lite4

Lite4 LawnSite Gold Member

I price my fixtures to include (lamp, connector, home run % of wire, lead wire if necessary). This gives me a basic cost per fixture. I don't get bogged down in the nitty gritty of each part and piece. I do break out my basic parts and labor separately (you need to do this for taxes anyway).
  5. starry night

starry night LawnSite Silver Member

I do not price per fixture.

For me, "Lighting system:
    design, parts, materials, installation." $xxxx

And then I will list number and types of fixtures, types of lamps, size of cable used, size and number of transformers.

As for sales tax, in Ohio, both materials and labor are taxed so we don't separate them on the invoice.
  6. S&MLL

S&MLL LawnSite Senior Member

Last week I sold a 14 fixture light job for 700 dollars. How much do you guys get for 14 lights? Customer said my price was a little high but when I assured her the Malibu lights were metal she signed on the dotted line
    Posted via Mobile Device
  7. Lite4

Lite4 LawnSite Gold Member

8. Classic Lighting

Classic Lighting LawnSite Senior Member

We are vague on the details of the repairs. In the end, the client cares that their lights are working and not how much we charge for a crimp connection, lens, or a few feet of wire.
  9. eclairagepaysager

eclairagepaysager LawnSite Member

For that price, customer will get camping lights :laugh:
  10. INTEGRA Bespoke Lighting

INTEGRA Bespoke Lighting LawnSite Platinum Member

OMG you charged her THAT much?!?! You must be a millionaire or something!! I have to get better at this lighting biz thing, cause it is gonna make me rich!!!!!