1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

detatching help needed ,Lawnhoney

Discussion in 'Turf Renovation' started by lawnhoney, Apr 18, 2007.

1. lawnhoney

lawnhoney LawnSite Member

Hi everyone, I got the info today on the property to do a dethatch job ,would be done with tine dethatcher and total clean-up and haul away. Small yard only 5940sq.feet and that includeds small home so I'm thinking abouthalf is lot .We charge 22 for cut and trim ,new customer what should I charge for the dethatch job? real simple no trees or anything in the way just nice square lot. Thanks for help in advance:waving:
  2. PearceLawn

PearceLawn LawnSite Senior Member

I am a solo op and use a pull behind tine dethatcher for that sort of job. Then it gets bagged with the ztr.

As a solo I generally charge $40 per hour plus any fees you have to pay for disposal.

Every part of the country is different with the labor rates so you should just charge whatever you normally charge per hour for labor.

I try to keep things in check for a regular mowing customer then they will spread the word about the great work you do.

Hope this helps, good luck.
  3. lawnhoney

lawnhoney LawnSite Member

thanks for the advice,that gives me somewhere to start, this is a new customer that we just took on today:usflag: