1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Discussion in 'Landscape Maintenance' started by Whitaker24, Aug 17, 2010.

1. Whitaker24

Whitaker24 LawnSite Member

We dont have irrigation or fertlization for the yard. Its about 2 acres that used to be a pasture. I dont know the type of grass but there is no way i could plow it all up and plant sod. It would be nice but too much money for me.
  2. ArTurf

ArTurf LawnSite Gold Member
    Male, from Ark

How about seeding?

If you want git rid of the clippings consider a mulch kit for your mower. Keep in mind you cannot let the grass get very high before you mow it. If you want to collect the clippings a collection system for your mower would be something to consider.
  3. Whitaker24

Whitaker24 LawnSite Member

Uncle bought a $300 sweeper from Tractor Supply it worked great on his yard, so I may look into that. That way I can cut it as low as I want too and gathering the clippings will be much easier.
  4. eaglescout1993

eaglescout1993 LawnSite Member

Will a lawn sweeper pick up hickory nuts? or should i stick with raking into small piles every 10ft and useing a 5gal and wheel barrow to get to the trailer... i have some yards that are 3in of leaves on top of 2in of nuts so it takes a lot of work... they are paying for it and i am making a profit but i am looking at a way to make it faster but still charge the same or close to it.