Dethatcher Prices and Opinions??

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by iclgs, Mar 19, 2003.

1. iclgs

iclgs LawnSite Member

Hey guys need to get a dethacther in the next week or so. Can you give me any advice on prices, makes, models etc. Have done a search but had no luck.

It would be going on a 48" scag walk

Your opinions would be appriciated

Aza

2. mdb landscaping

mdb landscaping LawnSite Silver Member

if your talking about the jrco dethatcher unit, you should expect to pay about $400 including the bracket.

3. walker-talker

walker-talker LawnSite Platinum Member
    from Midwest

I use the Bluebird model, then go over it with the Walker GHS deck with the front tine dethatching attachment.

MATT

4. iclgs

iclgs LawnSite Member

Matt do you ahve a website link that i could take a look at these products??

5. mdb landscaping

mdb landscaping LawnSite Silver Member

6. rodfather

rodfather LawnSite Fanatic

I have a JRCO Dethatcher (60" model) on the front of my 61" Ferris. I love it for spring clean-ups too.

Can email me at rspronck@aol.com if you have any questions.

7. paponte

paponte LawnSite Silver Member

You got it Matt. Do the same thing here. Love a walker come cleanup time. :cool:

8. dfor

dfor LawnSite Senior Member

I bought a JRCO dethatcher last year for my walk behind. Works real nice for spring clean-ups. You just have to go over the lawn a couple of times, one north+south, and one east+west.

9. walker-talker

walker-talker LawnSite Platinum Member
    from Midwest

Included is a pic of the Bluebird "comber" (as they call it) and a link to the website. The unit will run around $1350 new and I think that is with the optional Honda engine. You can get it with the B&S engine. I won't include a pic of the Walker tine rake, since you will be using a Scag you will want to go with the Jrco unit. I started to use this method late last year. The lady came out and was so happy with the looks of her lawn I thought she was going to start loving on me. I personally don't push dethatching much (but will advertise it), but if someone wants it done, I will do it. Another wards, most don't need it, but just have it set in their minds that they want it.
    http://www.bluebirdintl.com/products/combers/c18.html
    Good luck
    MATT

lawn_comber_c18_1[1].gif

10. promower

promower LawnSite Bronze Member

Just got mine for 36 great dane ran me about $420