Dethatcher

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by mowerbrad, Mar 8, 2008.

1. mowerbrad

mowerbrad LawnSite Fanatic

I am going to my dealer in a week or two to get my jrco dethatcher ordered for this spring but I have a slight problem. The weight bracket on my Bob-Cat takes up all the space where the dethatcher would be mounted. My only other option would be to weld the two brackets together and I really don't want to do that. Does any one have ideas of how I could mount the dethatcher bracket or get a different weight kit on the mower? Pictures of other wieght brackets would be great!!

2. joshco84

joshco84 LawnSite Senior Member

Well you could take the weights off since you are going to have extra weight on the front now.

3. mowerbrad

I might have to take the wieghts off but I was thinking that if there is a small "universal" weight kit I might try that. Any one know were I could get a different weight kit?

4. Runner

Runner LawnSite Fanatic

Do you have a rear bagger system on your bob-cat? Is this why you need the weights? Y may have to go without the weights for awhile - while you are using the rake through the spring.

5. mowerbrad

Yeah I got the rear bagger, I think the dethatcher would be enough weight to counter the system but it is just going to be a pain to take it on and off. I know there are some other weights out there that might allow me to have both on at the same time but I just can't find any.

6. joshco84

joshco84 LawnSite Senior Member

Yes, somebody does make a universal weight kit, they are little block you can bolt down about anywhere on the mower. I am thinking its jungle jims, but i dont remember for sure. You could also build your own mold out of some good plate and get wheel weights from the tire shop and pour your own. Its really pretty easy, pm me if you need any more instruction.