1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

Dethatcher

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by HitchC&L, Apr 6, 2012.

1. HitchC&L

HitchC&L LawnSite Member

Im looking into buying a JRCO dethatcher.

I have a 52" Exmark Turf Tracer. Will the 60" dethatcher fit on it? The next size down is a 46, do its not really reaching as wide as the mower.

Thoughts?

2. mowerbrad

mowerbrad LawnSite Fanatic

You can fit a 60" on that mower, its just a mounting bracket that you need. The mounting bracket that fits your particular mower is universal and can be used with any attachment from JRCO...doesn't matter if you want to use a dethatcher, aerator or spreader, they will all fit the mounting bracket for your mower.

I've had my JRCO 46" dethatcher for 5 or 6 years now and its been on 48", 52" and 54" mowers. I would not go bigger than your deck width if you plan on bagging at the same time that you are dethatching since you will have a few inches on each side of the mower that are left unbagged, which just makes for a pain to have to go back over the lawn to collect the remaining debris.

3. johnnyusa

johnnyusa LawnSite Senior Member

Go with 46 I've had both I had to cut my 60 down to a 48
    Posted via Mobile Device