dethatcher

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by olderthandirt, Feb 24, 2004.

1. olderthandirt

olderthandirt LawnSite Platinum Member
    from here

Anyone have or know where I can get a used JRCO 48in, dethatcher?

Mac

2. rodfather

rodfather LawnSite Fanatic

Mac, with ALL your money, can't cha buy new??? LOL...hell, if I had your money, I could throw mine away. BTW, I have the 60 inch one for one of my WB's that I use with the 470 Trac Vac at the same time and it is saweet!!! Nice for spring clean ups.

Hope you're feeling well my friend...

3. gravedigger5

gravedigger5 LawnSite Senior Member

I picked up a brand new in the box 46" Jrco dethacher off ebay for $275+shipping just last week. Marc

4. TreffertLawnWrx

TreffertLawnWrx LawnSite Senior Member

OTD, I think ebay will probably be your best bet. And if you haven't owned one yet they work great. At first I couldnt justify the $ on one for my Lazer, but once you use it alot, it pays for itself real fast. ;)

grave digger thats an awesome deal! I think I paid about $650.00 for mine with the bracket, installed.

5. gravedigger5

heres a picture of my JRCO dethatcher I just installed on my Toro 36" with Flex-Deck attachment. Marc

toro lawnsite.jpg

6. gravedigger5

and another, notice the mount bar hangs way over twards the flex-deck, I will probably cut it off so the flex-deck will fold up properly.

toro lawnsite 2.jpg

7. Doster's L & L

Doster's L & L LawnSite Senior Member

No disrespect to mac in posting a question on your thread, but since we're talking about this product, i figure we'll save another thread from being started.

I've been thinking about getting a JRCO dethatcher myself. How good a job do they do in getting that thatch up? Does it get it all up in the first pass or will it take 2 or 3? Also, what are your opinions on the aerator by JRCO? Thanks!

8. Clark Landscaping

Clark Landscaping LawnSite Member

I have nearly the same setup as Rodfather dethatcher with trac vac, It works sooooooo great for spring cleanups. As far as Dethatching goes, I find it does OK with one pass. Most of the properties I am doing do not have fabulous grass however, thin to begin with so it works OK.

9. myoder

myoder LawnSite Member

Stupid question??? Gravedigger, what is the flexdeck and what do you use it for?
    Thanks, Mike

10. sildoc

sildoc LawnSite Silver Member

gravedigger what did that set up cost you? I am interested in the dethatcher more so but curious what the flex deck cost you also and how long it took to put on?
    Thanks.