dethatching price

Discussion in 'Turf Renovation' started by simsy71, Apr 17, 2005.

1. simsy71

simsy71 LawnSite Member

No idea how tp price this. I was just going to double what would charge to cut the lawn. For example if I would charge $40 to cut lawn then $80 to dethatch. Does that sound reasonable????? Any input would be great. Thanks

2. wally world III

wally world III LawnSite Member

i think you will be killing your self, @ $80/ dethatching

dethatching ~~~~~~~~ $ 20 / k ~~ $ 25/ k

core aeration ~ 5k == $85,
    10k == $ 150,
    then, $12/k after

3. MacPhersonlawn

MacPhersonlawn LawnSite Member

This would be a little high around here. I usuallly go about 2.5 times mowing cost for dethatching ($30 mowing = $75 dethatching).

4. dkeisala

dkeisala LawnSite Senior Member

$25 per 1000. The equipment is expensive and it's a time consuming task not to mention all the debris you collect. I always tell people that they'll be amazed at how much thatch will come out of their lawn.

5. wally world III

wally world III LawnSite Member

man that is the truth
    plus, i couldn't have said any better....................

6. Runner

Runner LawnSite Fanatic

Around here, dethatching (ACTUAL dethatching,-not just raking or power raking) goes for 15 per M.

7. bobbygedd

bobbygedd LawnSite Fanatic
    from NJ

$42 per k. power rake and dispose

8. fga

fga LawnSite Silver Member

here, we go by what the monthly service costs.

if you get a $100 a month, the one time thatch should be no less then $165, and as much as $200.
    if you go by cut, it would be approximately $50? no way, that's hard work. there may be low spots that the machine didn't get good, and you have to use a rake, etc.

9. DJ Contracting

DJ Contracting LawnSite Senior Member

Well i tried to pm you but i could not is that a 78' or 79' Malibu, I'm in the process of building a 78' w/355 350 turbo and 3:42 rear anyway nice ride.

10. fga

fga LawnSite Silver Member

thanks. that's an '80. same thing as 78,79, but no emblems, like hood ornament. i like it plain.
    its also a 355, 350 turbo. it has a crappy 3.73 1 legger, but i need atleast 4.10, or 4.56. i have a 3400-3600 stall converter. victor jr intake ported heads/intake. solid lift cam.
    the tank is out, i'm bringing it ot have the sump welded on for the 3/8 braided lines i have running the full length of the car. its a work in progress, i'll finish someday. i'm in no rush, its safe in my garage.