Dethatching prices

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by Dunn's, Apr 9, 2006.

1. Dunn's

Dunn's LawnSite Bronze Member

what does every one charge for dethatching and lawn cutting for A 5000-6000 square foot yard. I charge 30 bi-weekly for cutting and 25 for weekly just putting cutting prices so I can compare your rates with mine thanks:)

2. chriscraft

chriscraft LawnSite Senior Member

Our dethatches start at 90-110 dollars for 5,000 sq feet plus haul away but we do 50 aerations to every dethatch. cutting 5-6k sq foot lawns are waht most lawns are around here and we start at 22 dollars per cut although there are many companies doing them for well under 20 in our area. If you charged 25 or more for average lot around here yo uwould hav 0 customers unfortunately.

3. Dunn's

How long does dethatching take. because I was wondering how you could charge 90 for it if they only pay 20 for a cut. and I am one of the lower pricedlawn services in my area I have had two other companies to raise my price to 35.00 minimum.But I dont listen to them they dont even have business licenses or a federal tax ID or probably insurance for that matter so who are they to tell us our prices.

4. All_Clear

All_Clear LawnSite Senior Member

I'm sorry but whats the logic of charging $20 or $25 if you can get $35 min.

If those other Lco's are doing $35 min. and getting it, Your leaving good money on the table. Then again i guess there's always someone out there to cut throat everyone else, just to loose there business later....

Dont mean to offend but your logic makes no sense.

All_Clear

5. chriscraft

chriscraft LawnSite Senior Member

Cutting price has nothing to do with dethatching prices, aerating prices or any other service, we can cut 6 homes 5,000 sq feet in an hour in about the same amt of time. Cutting is a 40-50 hour a week job all season, i dont know anyone that dethatches 40-50 hours a week all season . It is a premium service. I just bought a 2,600 dollar bed edger and i bed edged 100 feet today at 50 cents an hour took 3 minutes made $50. And that was 1/2 price of normal according to threads here. It took 3 minutes so should i charge $2 to make it avg $40 an hour (NO) because its a premium service, I dont bed edge 40-50 hrs a week , so how would i ever pay for the machine?

6. blakeg314

blakeg314 LawnSite Member

sorry to interupt this forum but does anyone use the jrco detchatcher.. i just purchased one but have to wait until its shipped:cry:

7. Dunn's

I wasnt saying your prices where wrong I was just wondering how you convince them to pay that much Because I think I will have a hard time doing it I know the machine is expensive thats why I didnt get one already beause I think Ill have problems convincing people to pay what it would cost to justify the expense.

8. Dunn's

Because 50- 60 dollars an hour is plenty for me the other guys just want to live lavishly from doing a minimum amount of work oh yeah and most of them suck at lawn care they cut to low, to often when there is no rain, leave ruts in yards, brown them out, drink beer while cutting,smoking and throwing the butts in their customers yards, have there shirt of when its hot, dont shave ever, long dirty hair,should I go on

9. All_Clear

All_Clear LawnSite Senior Member

So they look like bums but are making more... :dizzy:

Still makes no sense. But thanks for trying to clear it up. :hammerhead:

All_Clear

10. dcondon

dcondon LawnSite Silver Member

YES they do work very good!!! do a search and you will find many threads about them!!!:waving: