Dethatching prices

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by LAWNGODFATHER, Feb 24, 2002.

1. Here's one that has not gotten beat to death.

What do you charge?

Me $20 per 1000 sq/ft include picking it up.

Haul way is extra.
  2. WLC

WLC LawnSite Member
    from NE TN

I wish I could say I received the same. My customers(residential) would insist that I remove myself from their property at that rate. I get double what I charge to mow,edge,st,& blow. 1 pass w/ deck set at 3". I collect and bag it, no haul off, using a Walker 42" deck and Walker thatch rake.
  3. Let me reinterate a little more.

Lesco renovator with a flail reel, 22" at a time, then pick up with ZTR w/ peco vac on it.
  4. About the same
    up to 2500 sq ft $60
    up to 3500 sq ft $75 (3,000+ sf is rare)
    with bluebird lawn comber w/flail blades & vacuum w/Billy Goat
    I don't haul away debris
    Time = .75 to 1.25 hrs
  5. gogetter

gogetter Banned

This blew me away!!! Below is copied from 's website. From the rest of the site, I get the impression that most of thier lawns are in the 1 to 2 thousand sq..ft range (I could be wrong).

>Depending on the thickness of thatch and turf type, the cost for >our dethatching service ranges from $125 to $275 per 1000 >square feet.
  6. Dang- I'm giving it away. Maybe I need to go 2X or 4X my prices. I'm using the same Bluebird he shows. Lets see... instead of $60 I charge $240 and loose 75% of what I've been doing.....hmmmm-
    Anyway, I've got a competitors flyer in front of me advertising $39 to do what I get $75 for and I still get more than my share. I was already thinking about a 20% increase on dethatching for next year, but now ????????
  7. scagman

scagman LawnSite Senior Member

I just thatched a lawn last Thursday the 21st. 4000 sf @ $160 plus tax. Cost me $21 to rent the thatcher.