Dethatching Question

Discussion in 'Turf Renovation' started by Boersma Enterprises, Aug 10, 2012.

1. Boersma Enterprises

Boersma Enterprises LawnSite Member

I maintain a very high end lawn that is irrigated. I fertilize it and it is nicer than any golf course that I have seen this summer. I mow it at 4 inches and it looks great but I need to de-thatch it. It is almost exactly an acre. I have heard that $30 per 1000 square feet is pretty standard and I have done that an even less on smaller yards. I am thinking $25 per 1000 square feet but I am worried it might be too high considering the size of the job.

I was just curious to hear what other lawn experts feel is a fair price. The yard is pretty wide open with just a few areas around the parking lot that are smaller and would take more time. Any feed back is much appreciated. Thanks!

Josh

2. orangemower

orangemower LawnSite Silver Member
    from pa

Go with 3-4 times the mowing price. You'll need to cut it a lot shorter then any 4in if you want any results.

3. Hansen's Lawn Care

Hansen's Lawn Care LawnSite Member

Exactly what "orangemower" said...I usually charge 3x's what the mowing price is, but a little more is a great buffer, plus there are variables to consider. But 3-4x's is much easier to calculate as opposed to xdollars * Sq ft...Orangemower's method is easier and still accurate in my opinion, for you and your customer.

4. jequigle

jequigle LawnSite Member

For 1 acre I would be charging around $500

5. adam.neusbaum

adam.neusbaum LawnSite Senior Member

Im planning for my upcoming ad as follows:Contact 1-855-NO-THATCH for Dethatching service $229 up-to 1/4 acre.
    Posted via Mobile Device