1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

devastated lawn

Discussion in 'Homeowner Assistance Forum' started by Big R, Aug 13, 2005.

1. Big R

Big R LawnSite Member

spring and early summer i had a beautiful lawn,front and rear, then i started to notice small brown patch's start to develope and have now spread to cover half my lawn in front and rear and has killed the grass in half my lawn. in the area that is still good there is a large 3/4 circle about 6 feet in diameter, the grass inside the circle is alive but the strip that makes up the cirlce is about 6 inches wide of dead grass, i have noticed this in a couple of other areas also but smaller in size, i noticed green tufts of grass inside of smaller dead brown patch's of grass, i had a lot and i mean alot of japanese beatles in my crepe myrtle trees and the grass around these gardens in large areas has died also, all this has happened in the last 2 months, progressively getting worse as the heat intensifies through the summer, i assume i have disease and grub problems, what do i have to do this fall to renovate my lawn to get started again and prevent this from happening again, i have a fescue lawn scotts premium in the front and recgular fescue in the rear, i have a irrigation system, i followed scott's annual fertilizing reccomendations, i have put down disease control and pest control grannules at least four times each in 2-3 week intervals to no avail, HELP!