Development Bid

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by jrblawncare, Mar 7, 2003.

1. jrblawncare

jrblawncare LawnSite Senior Member

We got a call from a new development going up in our area..the grass is not even in yet....the common ground area is 4 to 5 acres of turf that needs to be cut...3 ponds that need to be trimmed around.I think at this point they are trying to get an idea on what to charge for dues...apx 130 homes when it is full.This is hard to bib since its not done,but I want to keep my foot in the door if you know what I mean, So I will base the bid on 4.5 acres of mowing and 3 hours for trim and blow.Does 350.00 per trip sound about right ? THANKS

2. KerryB

KerryB LawnSite Senior Member

Without seeing the ponds or how hard the property is(trees and other trimming), your price sounds about right , but depending on the degree of difficulty you may be a little low.

3. jrblawncare

jrblawncare LawnSite Senior Member

I will also add no ponds or trees yet.

4. Gravely_Man

Gravely_Man LawnSite Silver Member

I think that is a great idea to get in ASAP but I wouldn't bid on anything that hasn't been fully constructed. It is totally impossible for you to give them an accurate bid without walking the property and seeing everything.

Gravely_Man

5. Bunton Guy

Bunton Guy LawnSite Bronze Member

Ride through there slow in your truck....imaginarily cut it in your head with lets say a 3 man crew....keep a pad and paper ready to write down each section on how long it will take. Add all the hours up for all the maintenance requirements and then find out what amount of $$$ you will be asking per man hour per man. I would guess your most likely in the ball park there with your figure.