1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Discussion in 'Landscape Architecture and Design' started by mbella, Feb 18, 2005.

1. mbella

mbella LawnSite Bronze Member

For anyone that went to MAHTS, what did you think of the Devonstone? For those that didn't go, Devonstone is a new line that EP Henry introduced this week at the Middle Atlantic Hardscape Trade Show. It is a paving product that is made to look like flagstone. I believe it comes in four different sizes.

I think it's a good alternative for somebody that doesn't want pavers just because everyone else is doing pavers. Also, for somebody that likes the look of flagstone, but isn't necessarily attached to actually having flagstone. For the person that truely prefers flagstone, it won't fly.

It looks like cost to install will be about the same as flagstone. It is going to sell for about $6.00 per sq.ft. I pay less for flagstone. However, that extra material cost can be made up in time saved on labor for installation

I am meeting with somebody on Monday and I wanted to introduce it to her for consideration on her project. However, EP cannot offer a firm date for availability. I was told everything from May to June to "we really don't know." Good luck telling that to a customer.
  2. cgland

cgland LawnSite Bronze Member

Mike, I saw the new Devon Stone today at MAHTS. I think it is OK. I don't think I will really push it. It just seems way too Fake for me. I suppose it will have it's niche, but for less I can install Flagstone. I will certainly offer it as an option. In the recent pics of the Stone it looked more realistic, but up close it looks extremely unreal. However, I do like the circle pattern that is available. It may be nice to mix and match w/ it.

3. sgallaher

sgallaher LawnSite Senior Member

I was not too excited about it either. I think it looks like stampped concrete and too fake. I probably won't push it either or bring it up, rather use real stone.
  4. D Felix

D Felix LawnSite Bronze Member

Doesn't Belgard have something similiar? From what I've seen of it, it looks pretty real. But then again, I don't remember if I've seen it in person or if I've just seen pictures...

If it isn't Belgard, then someone else has it, 'cause I know I've seen it, and I know I haven't seen *anything* on EP.