Dewalt Impact Wrench

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by All_Toro_4ME, May 15, 2008.

1. All_Toro_4ME

All_Toro_4ME LawnSite Bronze Member

2. All_Toro_4ME

3. ed2150

ed2150 LawnSite Member

I used to have that exact same's probably the most powerful cordless impact available. I used it on several car tires with no problem at all.

I did do blade changes with it but quit because I had to lift my mower up pretty high to get it under the deck. We just found it easier and faster to drive one tire onto the edge of the trailer ramp and use a ratchet.

If you've got a quick way to lift your mower, though, it'll do the job.
  4. Tharrell

Tharrell LawnSite Silver Member

I bought a cheap ($50) wrench and it works fine. Harbor Freight has one for $39 that should work fine too. I work mine from the top side, holding the bolt with an extended wrench from underneath. I've used it on my trailer wheels and it does a great job. Tony
    By the way, it's a 1/2 inch model.
  5. BladeRunner1967

BladeRunner1967 LawnSite Member

I have the 14.4 model. Works fine. Small enough to get under the deck.
  6. tacoma200

tacoma200 LawnSite Fanatic

I have an electric (110) by DeWalt that will take the blades off the Turf Tiger most of the time. If they are too tight sometimes I have to use a breaker bar. I think mine is less powerful than that one. I was thinking mine was closer to 250 # of torque so that one should do the job most of the time. Remember blades can self tighten after striking an abject but most of the time you should be fine (keep your receipt)
  7. cgaengineer

cgaengineer LawnSite Fanatic

8. frogman18

frogman18 LawnSite Member

Go for a Ingersoll Rand cordless, trust me they are great little tools. I own the dewalt and while it works its not as good as the IRs that i have used, if i had it to do over i would have bought the IR.
  9. coolluv

coolluv LawnSite Gold Member
    from Atlanta

I have and currently use that exact impact gun. It works great. It will take your blades off in a second. I used it on my truck tires too. Tons of power. You will not regret buying it. Click on this link, this is where I got mine. $249.00

10. All_Toro_4ME

coolluv: do you need to use a brace bar, or will the blades come off instantly? Thanks for the link.