DeWalt or Karcher Pressure Washer

Discussion in 'Landscape Architecture and Design' started by Husky03, Sep 10, 2006.

1. Husky03

Husky03 LawnSite Senior Member

I need a pressure washer that will last a long time and be able to clean a variety of things. It will not be used heavily, but considerably more than a homeowner. I will use it for my own equipment and some small odd jobs for customers. I need help deciding between these two washers.

DeWalt DP2800 6.5HP Honda GX 2800PSI 3.0GPM Commercial CAT Pump
    $700.00 at Home Depot

Or

Karcher G4000SH 13HP Honda GX 4000PSI 3.6GPM Commercial German Karcher Pump
    $800.00 at Sams Club

There is only a $100 price difference, but a huge power difference. I don't have to have 4000PSI. The reason I am considering the DeWalt is because I have heard good things about CAT pumps. What about the Karcher pumps?;) I am open to other brands, but no more than $800. I really don't even want to spend that much.

Thanks...:)

2. LawnScapers of Dayton

LawnScapers of Dayton LawnSite Silver Member
    Male, from Dayton, OH

Karcher is excellent..........I have had them for years.....

3. bam

bam LawnSite Senior Member
    from .

have you checked Northern Tool. we bought one 5+ years ago with a gx160 honda, and a comet pump, its been beat to death by multiple employees and still does a great job cleaning the shop floor, cleaning the fleet of commercial mowers, trucks, trailers, and skidsteers, plows and spreaders in the winter. we paid about $500 for ours. Its probably not in the 3600 psi range, but for out needs we dont need that. I also rented a steam cleaner last year to clean some mowers we were selling, and did a few trucks as well. that was closer to the 3600 psi range and i blew paint off an 03 truck. so i guess it depends on your needs.

4. fulano

fulano LawnSite Senior Member

You can adjust the pressure down on the bigger unit, but you can't adjust pressure above the max on a smaller unit.

5. tylermckee

tylermckee LawnSite Member
    from wa

Karcher, all you are paying for when you buy Dewalt is the name tag. Dont get me wrong i love dewalt for some things, like their cordless tools, but other things they price outrageously just because it has their name on it.

6. Husky03

Husky03 LawnSite Senior Member

So you guys think that the Karcher pumps hold their own up there with the CAT pumps? Is this true for the pumps on the smaller Karcher units also?

Thanks...