DiabloSport for 6.4 Powerstroke

Discussion in 'Trucks and Trailers' started by South Florida Lawns, Jul 14, 2009.

1. South Florida Lawns

South Florida Lawns LawnSite Platinum Member
    from usa

I recently got the DiabloSport Predator programmer from a friend, I'm thinking of installing it on my F550. My question is does anyone have one installed on their 6.4 and how do you like it? My dump is pretty slow loaded down with the enclosed and a load in the bed, it also gets in my opinion horrible millage for a diesel.

Do I need an exhaust and an intake to use this programmer? I don't want to hevily modify my work truck.

The thing is only used for work and is driven by my two guys 6 days a week. I got the programmer free for doing some work.

2. mnglocker

mnglocker LawnSite Senior Member

Save it for a personal ride or sell it on ebay. Messing with a truck that pays your bills is a BAD idea. The 6.4 has been problematic enough allready, don't add more worms to the pandora's box of gears.

3. TXNSLighting

TXNSLighting LawnSite Fanatic
    from DFW, TX

The 6.4's have not been that problematic. youre probably thinking of the 6.0. But yeh since when do you have a 550?? Either way i wouldnt even consider putting that on it. sell it to someone else.

4. Marek

Marek LawnSite Bronze Member

What gears do you have in it and which body ? Does the body have a cab shield? What kind of mpg are you getting ? How much weight are you pulling?

5. SiteSolutions

SiteSolutions LawnSite Bronze Member

If the truck is still under warranty, then save the programmer for later or sell it.

If the truck is out of warranty, why not try it out? Just don't try to crank it way up. Maybe you can get a whole mpg out of it.

I don't think I would trust anyone (ANYONE) else to drive it though, if it lets you select the power level with a switch in the cab. Too big a temptation; they'll have it crunk on the 2nd day after you install it and blow the motor up trying to drag race some chicas in a Mustang...

6. WH401

WH401 LawnSite Senior Member

Put the programmer in the house and leave it there. Like another poster said, don't mess with the truck that pays your bills. Plus, the newer diesel's are much more finicky than the older ones, being that they have all the new emissions equipment on them.

7. charmill26

charmill26 LawnSite Senior Member

Get a quality programmer if you want to use one. Exhaust never hurts either

8. charmill26

charmill26 LawnSite Senior Member

Also you get terrible mileage because you bought a 6.4 and 08 and up diesels now have DPFs on them. The only way to improve is to have that removed and your truck also needs to be programmed to run without it. I believe SCT programmers can do this

9. South Florida Lawns

South Florida Lawns LawnSite Platinum Member
    from usa

I don't know what gears are in it, where would I find that, door? I'll try and find the window sticker.

The body is a crew cab with a 12ft trash dump bed on it. All steel high sides without a cab shield.

The weight is like 7k trailer and all, the dump bed no clue mostly yard waste and trimmings but it gets heavy from rain.

bet I get 11 around town, I got a lead foot and I hate going slow, I tell my helpers to speed.

Oh and its two wheel drive.

10. WH401

WH401 LawnSite Senior Member

You don't leave the wet clippings in there for any length of time, do you? That's the fastest way to rust out a bed.