Diagnosis of PG Ultra, please

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by LwnmwrMan22, May 7, 2006.

1. LwnmwrMan22

LwnmwrMan22 LawnSite Platinum Member

My Ultra's been spraying weird, at first I thought it was the pump.

After thinking about it for the drive home after not finishing up the last yard, I think I have a different issue.

My problem is this -

When I'm spraying, it goes fine for a short period of time, then one nozzle either quits, or becomes quite slow at least, then both.

If I shut one nozzle off, then the one that I leave on runs perfect. I can run either nozzle this way, therefore I don't think they're blocked.

I just put new "white" nozzles on, eliminating clogged nozzles.

After a while, running with just one nozzle, eventually that one wil die too.

If I wait 1-2 minutes and kick i back on, it'll work for 15-20 seconds, then die out again, much like the battery pack is dying, when I shut the pump off, charges back up somewhat, then when I kick the pump back on, dies out again.

At first I was thinking it was my pump going bad, but after thinking about it, I'm more inclined to believe it's the battery needing a charge....

Any thoughts???

Thanks,
    Jeremy

2. Runner

Runner LawnSite Fanatic

When the spray starts slowing down that much, shut the whole machine off and see how it starts. See how the starter sounds. This may be able to tell you. I hope it does.

3. rob1325

rob1325 LawnSite Senior Member

Also, check you filters that go on before nozzles ( red screens). Sometimes these get clogged causeing the problems you decribed.

4. LwnmwrMan22

I know it's not the red filters, because I put WHOLE nozzle heads on, the whole setup off of the metal tube.

As far as the starter, I haven't used that for 1.5 years, since it kept blowing fuses.

Soooo..... ?????????????/

5. FERT-TEK

FERT-TEK LawnSite Bronze Member

I had the same problem and eventually had Permagreen help me with the fix here is my thread asking for help from others here and at the end of the thread is the fix. Do not attempt this fix yourself, call and have them walk you through it so it is done right. It will involve removing the voltage regulator from the system completely.
    http://www.lawnsite.com/showthread.php?t=140949

6. LwnmwrMan22

Dave - so this fix of yours is working completely fine now??

7. RABBITMAN11

RABBITMAN11 LawnSite Bronze Member

Sounds like a pump

8. meets1

meets1 LawnSite Gold Member

Its the PUMP! Just went thru the same situation 3 days ago. Over nite shipped a pump - off and running!

9. FERT-TEK

FERT-TEK LawnSite Bronze Member

Yes, but that fixed my machine. Call them before doing anything, and talk to Pat. He will walk you through the repair.

10. TJLANDS

TJLANDS LawnSite Bronze Member

I have had the same thing happen several times. 50% of the time it is the pump and the other times it is the battery.