Diagram/Schematic Front Electrical Connections on Skids

Discussion in 'Heavy Equipment & Pavement' started by waltero, Apr 19, 2007.

1. waltero

waltero LawnSite Member

Can anyone give me a diagram/schematic of the wires that go to control the attachments on skid steers. I went to bobcat and I can get the attachment but I don't have the wire harness on my machine. I am looking to get the control so that I can control the angle of a harley rake/power rake on the front of my BL-570. I want to get the switch that goes to the bobcat skids, I think that it will fit in the empty spots that I have, and the job will look top notch. Bobcat dealer wants to sell me a generic one that will just hook up to the battery and I am interested in getting the cable and the proper switch.

I figure that I can set it up, I have some electronics background but I have to know what each terminal does in order to hook it up properly. If you have any tips, I am all ears.

By the way I got the teeth for the front bucket today and I was playing around with it a little bit and I can honestly say that it is a great machine. Lots of power and makes my kubota look like a toy. I haven't run skids much, just played here and there because I was always too cheap to rent one while I had the tractor, but there is such a big difference in the front end loader. The backhoes are so different I can't even compare them, apples to oranges. All together I am very glad that I made the purchase.

By the way, I know that the wire has 7 terminals and I am not sure what they all do but I am guessing that I just need to send power out to tell it to angle left or angle right, seems there are some extra terminals that I am not sure what they do.

I thank you for you help and if you can get me a diagram or better yet, a schematic of this. Maybe someone has the information that I need. If anyone know why this won't work I would like to know that also.
  2. xcopterdoc

xcopterdoc LawnSite Senior Member

Your Bobcat dealer should be able to "hook" you up with no problem. Its a common request for external elec hook ups. They have afactory harness that connects inside the machine to use the handle switch functions. It terminates at the aux hyd fitting bracket. Also the rake manufacturer should have a diagram available for hookups to all popular skids.
  3. waltero

waltero LawnSite Member

I don't have the factory hookup. I am looking to wire it up myself.

I want to use the switch just like a skid, but unfortunately my machine doesn't have the switch or the factory harness. I am going back to them to see if they have the info, but they wanted to sell me a universal kit and I am looking to have the finish of a factory install even though it isn't.

Basically I have to provide power to the switch, that will power the rake either left or right and hook up a ground. The dealer was worried about a computer?, but I looked at the parts manual and I don't have one so I may just go back and see if they will sell me the switch and the harness. The universal one will come with a external control box and I would rather have the switch that fits into the dash. The universal cable is more then double the cost of just the regular cable and the switch can't cost that much.

The problem is that I want to find out how to hook this up, I don't own a power rake, just looking to rent that item but I need to get this installed. The cable comes with 7 connections and I am guessing that some of them probably aren't used or may be for something else. I am just looking to be able to control any attachment that can angle left or right.

I hope this helps, Thanks for the help.