dial-n-spray ratios

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by Schlepie, May 7, 2003.

1. Schlepie

Schlepie LawnSite Member

Does anyone use a dial-n-spray for their ferts? The organic products that I use call for 1-2 oz of product per gallon. Anyone use these type products and how are the ratios working out for dispensing the correct amount of product. Reason being, I dont want to buy an expensive rig. Use it alot for applying ferts to lawns. Pump sprayers will take all day.

2. Dchall_San_Antonio

Dchall_San_Antonio LawnSite Senior Member

Apparently the pros don't use the hose end sprayers.

Don't get concerned about the ratio mixes and all that. Worry about putting the right number of ounces onto the turf. If you have 1,000 square feet and the product is supposed to put down 8 ounces per 1,000 square feet, then put 8 ounces of product into the sprayer bottle. You can mix in water or whatever or don't. But when you apply, keep an eye on how much area you've covered and how much product is left. When you've hit about half the area, you should have half the product left. If not, then adjust your spraying speed. I would try to get all the way through on half the spray and then work my way back over again from a different direction.