Diamond Blade Warehouse XX blades

Discussion in 'Hardscaping' started by GroundScapesIncorporated, Aug 31, 2007.

1. GroundScapesIncorporated

GroundScapesIncorporated LawnSite Senior Member
    from VA

Anyone else tryed these blades yet? We have been trying alot of different blades lately, kinda just testing them to see if we could see a difference. We have tryed different blades from three different companys and to be honest never really saw a difference. About two weeks ago our Sales rep from diamond blade warehouse called and asked how we liked the latest blades he had sent us. I told him that they didnt stand out as being any better than anything else we had tryed, He told me about a new blade that had just been released that no other blade company could sell. He told me that it would cut three times as fast and last three times as long (your usually blade guy pitch) I asked him what was special about this new blade to make it better than anything else, he told me how the diamond are placed in rows (aligned) on the segements instead of just randomly. Anyway I told him to send me a 12' and a 14" and we would try them.
    Im not sure about lasting longer yet, but all of my guys were honestly blown away by how fast and how smooth this blade cut compared to anything else we have tryed.
    So anybody else tryed em yet?

2. paponte

paponte LawnSite Silver Member

I have to see what blade we have on the table saw now. Funny you posted this, but I just said to the guys yesterday that that blade has lasted a really long time, think were on the 3rd job with the same blade. I know it's from DBW, but have to check what type it is.

3. ChampionLS

ChampionLS LawnSite Bronze Member

Theres no need to try out blade after blade after blade- You need to buy the right blade for the type of work or block your cutting and it will last a very long time. You can easily wear out a blade in just a few hours by cutting the wrong material, not using water, or not using the right RPM.

Go back about 2 months and you will find a huge thread on this subject.

4. Grn Mtn

Grn Mtn LawnSite Senior Member

if your familiar with it please post the link, that would be most helpful.

5. GroundScapesIncorporated

GroundScapesIncorporated LawnSite Senior Member
    from VA

Champ,
    You must have misunderstood something. I wasnt asking for any advice on what blade to buy.
    I understand very well what bond blade to buy, but there are different blades for the same material.
    We always match the blade to the material. Not sure why you would think we dont.
    James

6. ChampionLS

ChampionLS LawnSite Bronze Member