diamond blade

Discussion in 'Hardscaping' started by tthomass, Aug 13, 2008.

1. tthomass

tthomass LawnSite Gold Member
    from N. VA

How do you know if you're getting a good one? Is there a scale........like sandpaper.......200 grit, 400 grit etc.

2. crab

crab LawnSite Senior Member

the best way to see is with a micrometer ,a good blade should be even thickness at almost all points,other wise they heat unevenly and where out fast,especially segmented blades,i use Dixie almost exclusively, for the money i find nothing holds up better. the height of the abrasive area also makes a difference.

3. zedosix

zedosix LawnSite Silver Member

Typically blades are rated on a scale of one diamond, or 2, 3, and 4 for the premium blades. Price is a good indication also of how good a blade is. Check for rpm operation also. Quick cuts need a faster turning blade, table saws get away with lower rpm blades. do.

4. 02DURAMAX

02DURAMAX LawnSite Gold Member

core cut diamond are very good!!

5. yosoniamcool3

yosoniamcool3 LawnSite Member

6. Ajax

Ajax LawnSite Member

Not sure how this company works, but many of these places are very competetive with other blade companies, and they will negotiate down in price. I like the Latux Hurricane as a good value for the price.

7. DVS Hardscaper

DVS Hardscaper LawnSite Fanatic

Todd,

what will the blade(s) be used for?

For pavers and wall block we get our blades from a company in FL called 'World Diamond Source'. The blades we buy from them are the 14-inch 'Turbo Segmented' blades. Delivered to my door they cost $225.00 which includes freight. 1 blade will last us at least 4 months. Keep in mind we do alotta cutting! Been buyin from them for at least 5 years now.

If you'd like their number shoot me a PM.