1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Diamond Blades

Discussion in 'Hardscaping' started by landstyles, Jan 17, 2008.

1. landstyles

landstyles LawnSite Member

Anyone know of some good suppliers of diamond blades.
    What manufacturer to you prefer?
  2. ChampionLS

ChampionLS LawnSite Bronze Member

It's not about the brand... it's about choosing the right blade for the material your cutting.

Soft segments= cutting hard material (pavers)
    Hard segments= cutting soft material (wall block, caps, asphalt)
    Wrong blade= wasted money and no cuts

All the blades are the same, no matter who sells them. Just specify the right one.
  3. Tom B.

Tom B. LawnSite Member

You sure about that?
  4. Tom B.

Tom B. LawnSite Member

Are you sure about that?
  5. forestfireguy

forestfireguy LawnSite Senior Member
    from nj

I agree it is a good idea to buy the right blade for the right job, but a few years ago we went on a hunt for a company that actually made a good blade, we tried different ones throughout the season, wet, dry wrong blade type you name it we did it to find the best one we could get. We found it and bought 4 dozen of them, we are like 20 blades into that purchase and have been happy, as soon as I get back into the shop I'll post who makes them, after the in house testing we did, I diagree that they are all the same. It's like anything else, you can go buy a cheap blade that isn't great and doesn't last but says it's right for what you are cutting or you spend some money(less in the long run) and buy something with a reputation and proven track record. They are not all created equal...........
  6. BrandonV

BrandonV LawnSite Platinum Member

i hate blade salesmen they call on a weekly basis, and I'm about to the point that if they don't call me I'll buy from them instead of the guys that do
  7. mrusk

mrusk LawnSite Gold Member

Call joe wizard garden state diamound blades
  8. ChampionLS

Yes Sir! :)
  9. ChampionLS

THAT GUY IS THE BIGGEST *$%#@!! He imports crap from China, spray paints the blades with hammer tone or some other metallic paint, slaps on a DVD label and thinks it's better than sliced bread.

Go buy a Target, Diteq, MK Diamond blades. They are the real manufacturers. Not importers. :nono: