Diamond Blades

Discussion in 'Hardscaping' started by Gr8WhiteNorth, Jun 24, 2011.

1. SVA_Concrete

SVA_Concrete LawnSite Senior Member

Similar to DVS i use an 85 dollar blade I pick up at my local shop, where i buy float pans and trowel blades.

no worries on the blades... if the guys cut a few sticks of rebar or asphalt for a driveway apron, or green concrete.... no biggie.

when we are running a floor saw, i will spend the bigger bucks getting a blade suited for the HP and floor conditions.

2. Gr8WhiteNorth

Gr8WhiteNorth LawnSite Senior Member

Quick cuts = gas powered chop saw/concrete saw

3. rlitman

rlitman LawnSite Bronze Member

And that's a really good point. Maybe in a stone yard where everything that passes through the machine is controlled, or when a job requires only cutting slots in asphalt for miles, a more specialized blade can pay off in $$/foot.
    If you don't always know what you'll be cutting, maybe the cheap generic diamond blades are the best choice.

4. latux87

latux87 LawnSite Member

Not too revive a dead thread for no reason, but there happens to be a big diff between blades for North of the border, and here in mainland US.

For the most part, in Canada, they tend to have a much harder aggregate, and need a softer bonded blade. Also, due to shipping costs, taxes, and tariffs, you end up paying $30-50 more per blade anyway. There are very few economical blades that actually work in Canada.

As far as here, there are GP blades for everything, and then there are Hardscape GP blades that are good for Pavers, concrete, and Stone. Make sure you're getting the right kind of GP blade....