Diamond file

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by oneEXMARKfan, Apr 15, 2001.

1. oneEXMARKfan

oneEXMARKfan Banned

At this time I guess I'll be stuck with using a file to sharpen my blades (Davis TLC....Dickens Supply said they won't sharpen blades, and if they did, it would cost more than a new set..checked yesterday)..I know I saw a diamond file somewhere, and it seems it would be easier than a reg. file. Taking less strokes would be better for me to try to keep it a 30 degrees.....never been good at it. Now I can't remember where I saw one.......Anybody have any idea?

2. Eric ELM

Eric ELM Husband, Father, Friend, Angel

I've been to Dickens Supply in Nashville, this past November. :)

I would get a 4.5" hand held grinder and a vise. It would be much easier than a file. I sharpened blades for many years this way before I got a RBG dedicated blade grinder last spring.

3. turfguy33

turfguy33 LawnSite Member

Since we're on the subject of sharpening, It takes me forever to get all the nicks and dings out of my blades...I have a grinder, but it stilll takes a long time, any suggestions on speeding the process up.
    tim

4. oneEXMARKfan

oneEXMARKfan Banned

Yep...SMALL world Eric. (BTW, still going by there and check on a new Chopper....and a BBQ grill ! ) did have an angle grinder (till the crack-addicts got it and my last Shindaiwa , tools, ect. last summer) Did buy a bench grinder a few months ago (mainly to put a wire brush on it) but was afraid of heating the blades up too much. Want the best for the blades (all tho, they are cheap) and my customers yards. Going to have to track down an RGB owner in my area, $$$ still alittle tight... (I know what your thinking.....with money for a new Chopper, MUST have money for a RGB, but I'm just going to LOOK at the Choppers right now, and plan ahead.

[Edited by oneEXMARKfan on 04-15-2001 at 01:28 PM]

5. oneEXMARKfan

oneEXMARKfan Banned

For the record Eric, I live 4.9 miles from Dickens..... 2 turns to get to Trinity Lane, and 2 turns off Trinity Lane to Dickens......(incase your back this way..he he he)