Diamond Zoysia

Discussion in 'Florida Lawn Care Forum' started by Florida Gardener, Jul 25, 2012.

1. Topdressed lightly 2x the last month....going to do 2 more light apps before fall...it's coming in nicely and being maintained at 3/4"
    [​IMG]

2. KrayzKajun

KrayzKajun LawnSite Fanatic

Wow. Nice job.
    Posted via Mobile Device

3. cgaengineer

cgaengineer LawnSite Fanatic

Looks good! The only thing that can that good at 3/4" is a Walker mower...you should sell your reel mowers.
    Posted via Mobile Device

4. greendoctor

greendoctor LawnSite Fanatic

I hope you meant that in sarcasm. I can always spot a warm season lawn mowed by a rotary by the frayed tips that make the entire lawn look whitish a day after mowing. Zoysia is especially bad for this because of the high silica content of the grass.

5. I know....the Tru-cuts are going on craigslist ASAP.

6. FYI-trimming was done with mauryama landscape blade.
    Posted via Mobile Device

7. cgaengineer

Of course it was sarcasm GD, so many people have told me a walker cuts as well as a reel I must spread the news!
    Posted via Mobile Device

8. cgaengineer

Ill give you $300 for all of them...scrap value.
    Posted via Mobile Device

9. Hahahaha
    Posted via Mobile Device

10. greendoctor

greendoctor LawnSite Fanatic

I know, no frayed edges next to the hardscape. Do this level of work and you are no longer in the same league of the low ball "landscaper". I will admit that it is fast and cheap to run rotary mowers, then use string to do the trim work. The results look fast and cheap as well on bermuda or zoysia.