Diamond Zoysia

Discussion in 'Florida Lawn Care Forum' started by Florida Gardener, Jul 25, 2012.

1. cgaengineer

cgaengineer LawnSite Fanatic

Don't laugh...I did cut it with my Toro the other day by accident. I had gotten behind and had a bunch of clippings to disperse so I lowered the deck...way too low and butchered it. I ended up dropping the reel down and smoothing it out...it's a bit yellow in spots right now but it will be fine in a few days. I've done this before and regretted it every time.
    Posted via Mobile Device

2. greendoctor

greendoctor LawnSite Fanatic

They get what they pay for. Then again, there are people out there who want the best. It is always shocking to me when the big "landscapers" here with signed trucks, and employees in matching uniforms allow their employees to use string on a lawn for both edging as well as trimming.

3. cgaengineer

I use an edger for edging and a trimmer for trimming 98% of the time. At times I jump on mower with a trimmer to go cut and edge another part of a large property and don't want to carry edger.
    Posted via Mobile Device

4. Landscape Poet

Landscape Poet LawnSite Gold Member

Looks sharp Chris you and Ca and GD have me wishing there was a market in my immediate area for this type of service on Zoysia .

5. cgaengineer

I can sell rotary mowing all day, but selling reel mowing is very difficult. It's popular here but I just can't break into the market. I somehow think most people that reel now are doing it for slightly more than a rotary cut around here but idk. I wouldn't offer reel mowing without having full service including chemicals and control over irrigation.
    Posted via Mobile Device

6. It is common in the high-end areas here...you HAVE to have a reel cause all the turf is 1" or less....these are accounts that are usually 800+/mo. I will not reel cut unless I'm making good money on it. Not worth it otherwise.
    Posted via Mobile Device

7. It can be Mike. People have no clue until they actually see it. It is a night and day difference.
    Posted via Mobile Device

8. South Florida Lawns

South Florida Lawns LawnSite Platinum Member
    from usa

Awesome job bud! Looks better than a golf course. Wish my area had customers like that. With the fert ban and the chemicals being cut were luck to see much green this time of year.