diaphragm or piston?

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by inzane, Feb 5, 2013.

1. inzane

inzane LawnSite Silver Member

Seems Like a good deal at hd. Which type is better? 39 Per backpack 4 gal

0205131918.jpg

2. WestGaPineStraw

WestGaPineStraw LawnSite Senior Member

Get it reguardless. It's cheap.
    Posted via Mobile Device

3. inzane

inzane LawnSite Silver Member

I got 3. Lol

4. Landrus2

Landrus2 LawnSite Platinum Member

At that price I would stock up:waving:

5. turfmd101

turfmd101 LawnSite Bronze Member

Dia. Will develop leaks. If YOU puncture the diaphragm. Most common problem. Tough job repairing. Your time repairing it, is worth the time not using your piston type. Also on diaphragm. Clean out WP's, they will paste up if not flushed. You COULD just cover the bottom of the piston with a type of cover, that prevents dirt particles from going between the piston and the piston cylinder. So it won't scratch the wall between causing irregular drag which can force the piston cup to move in irregular motion, leading to a leak. You can pull the piston out and coat it with petroleum jelly to minimize scratching and drag. 1to 2 times per month should work. Depending on use.
    Posted via Mobile Device

6. Cadzilla

Cadzilla LawnSite Senior Member

Thats a hella price. Even if it's homeowner rated. Where is that? Oh, HD? wow. I dont even need any and will buy a few if they have them at that price near me.

7. turfmd101

turfmd101 LawnSite Bronze Member

A deal is a deal. Those that don't deal. Don't get the "BUSINESS"!! I think everyone selling is going to hear,,, "I CAN GET IT FER"...
    Posted via Mobile Device