Diazanon and Pre- M

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by heygrassman, Apr 7, 2002.

1. heygrassman

heygrassman LawnSite Senior Member

Should I have any problems with Diazanon and Lesco Pre-M with apps close together?? I do not see anything on either bag about possible reactions.

2. MuskTurfKing

MuskTurfKing LawnSite Senior Member

Speaking of Diazanon, are they taking it off the market soon? That's what my step-dad told me...

3. heygrassman

heygrassman LawnSite Senior Member

man.. any idea why?? Great for ants..

4. tremor

tremor LawnSite Bronze Member

Diazinon & Pre-M can be applied at the same time if you wish. If both were on a fertilizer carrier you wouldn't want to do that. But if one or both are not on fert, then go right ahead.
    Diazinon will be off the market whenever the feds & the manufacturer get together on it. Don't sweat it though. There are plenty of replacements that have better environmental/toxicological profiles. These include Talstar & DeltaGard, both of which knock down insects faster & last a little longer.
    They've both been coming down in cost too, so any increase in cost you have to endure can be safely passed to the consumer. ALL applicators will incurr the same cost increases, so ALL applicators should be able to recover the difference. If not, then shame on them.