Dickies work suits?

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by allstar, Feb 22, 2004.

1. allstar

allstar LawnSite Senior Member

Does anybody wear those one-piece(the kind with short sleeves) work outfits made by Dickies?I think they're great and very comfortable.I was thinking about having my logo imprinted on a few of them.Is that legal?
  2. Kelly's Landscaping

Kelly's Landscaping LawnSite Platinum Member

If memory serves that were like 50% or more polyester. I went to a tech school and for 3 years my uniform was blue jeans then senior year the other shops had been crying for so long it wasn’t fair the machine tool dept didn’t wear didckies so they forced that on us to I found I hated them even more then I had thought and being polyester you will sweat more in them then cotton and they hold that smell in them even after being washed. I have worn both and there is no comparison from dickies to some nice kaki cargo pants but that’s your call I have found even in CT its to hot to wear the dickies.
  3. FFMED74

FFMED74 LawnSite Member
    from Indiana

Once you purchase a clothing item, there is no problem putting your logo on them, enless you infringe on dickies, which you don't do normally. It would be like trying to make it look like your company logo was the dickie logo or something, but just a standard logo isn't an infrignement, as far as I know. I decided to use a uniform this year and here is what I did, I spent under $26.00 too. Went to Galyans Sports Store here in Indy, got 3 polo shirts that are a vanillia color with maroon and navy trim for $5.00 on clearance, then Old Navy for their khakis, I went with navy and stone color on clearance for $1.97 and $3.97 X2, so about $10.00. Figured part time that 3 and 3 would be good for me. Cheap is good! LOL
  4. Team Gopher

Team Gopher LawnSite Platinum Member
    from -

Hi Allstar,

You can always consider getting patches made and having them sewed on as well.
  5. allstar

allstar LawnSite Senior Member

Thanks for the replies.I don't plan on wearing them in the summertime,Kelly;just for the next couple of months.I realize they would be too hot,especially around here.I have ordered a bunch of T's and polo's to wear with shorts when it gets hot.
  6. GreenMonster

GreenMonster LawnSite Silver Member
    from NH

Wore dickies for years and hated the poly blend.

IMO, Carhardt is best. Expensive, but for good reason.