Did a blowout and drained a pond today

Discussion in 'Irrigation' started by FIMCO-MEISTER, Sep 10, 2010.

1. wilbilt

wilbilt LawnSite Member

125 CFM? What are you blowing out? Atlantis? :dizzy:

2. Mike Leary

Mike Leary LawnSite Fanatic

We want volume of water removed, not really pressure. We've used as big as a 185 diesel until we found the right places to make the compressor hook-up so as to use our 125. We can adjust our tow-behind compressor psi for small or mega sites.

3. wilbilt

wilbilt LawnSite Member

Thanks for that...I would have assumed 5-8 CFM would be adequate at low pressure for all but the largest systems. Live and learn.

4. Wet_Boots

Wet_Boots LawnSite Fanatic

Even I wouldn't want to be limited to 5-8 cfm, and I'm a master at using a dinky compressor.

5. hoskm01

hoskm01 LawnSite Fanatic

A 125 might be a bit smaller to tow around, but if youre doing some small commercial in with the resi's, I cant see using anything other than a 185. Scheduled right, start it up and let it run all day.

5-8 CFM???? I fart more than that in a typical 24 hour period.

6. Fart for speed or volume?

7. Wet_Boots

Wet_Boots LawnSite Fanatic

potency [​IMG]

8. wilbilt

wilbilt LawnSite Member

Flatulence aside,
    What is the goal? To remove every drop of moisture from the system? It seems that 90% removal could be accomplished with a lower CFM and much less time.

That would be adequate for Phoenix, I assume. If there is some factor I am missing, please enlighten me.

9. Here's enlightenment

Muhammad lived a less than holy life. His lust for sex, his affairs with his maids and slave girls, his pedophilic relationship at age 54 with Aisha, a 9-year-old child, his killing sprees, his massacre and the genocide of the Jews, his slave making and trading, his assassination of his opponents, his raids and lootings of the merchant caravans and unarmed villagers, his burning of trees, his destroying the water wells, his cursing and invoking evil on his enemies, his revenge on his captured prisoners of war, his torturing of his captives to for greed and his hallucinations such as believing of having sex with his wives when he actually did not, disqualify him as a sane person let alone a messenger of God

10. Mike Leary

Mike Leary LawnSite Fanatic

Great post; you don't want to get rid of ALL the water. A slight misting and you're done. After that the rookies will melt fittings and blow heads. The CFM is the big deal, that's why the big boys use tow-compressors; we can adust the pressure (but NOT alter the CFM). I believe it's called, "show, blow, go $$$).

Last edited: Sep 11, 2010