Did a blowout and drained a pond today

Discussion in 'Irrigation' started by FIMCO-MEISTER, Sep 10, 2010.

1. 1idejim

1idejim LawnSite Fanatic

how big was the pond?

2. Not that big. I'll take pics. Wait til I show you the elevator on this place. A place and time the ADA forgot.

3. wilbilt

wilbilt LawnSite Member

OK, I can understand that. A higher CFM reduces the "blow & go" time as well as increasing the efficiency of the job. We don't have any real freeze issues here, but I can appreciate a more thorough blowout is essential in areas with a frost zone.

Thanks for the useful info.:)

4. hoskm01

hoskm01 LawnSite Fanatic

What was the question?

5. wilbilt

wilbilt LawnSite Member

I asked if 125 CFM is necessary for a blowout. It seemed excessive to me as an inexperienced amateur.

The CFM requirement has been explained, which I appreciate. Thanks for your time.

:)

6. Mike Leary

Mike Leary LawnSite Fanatic

I forgot; we're heading your way next week. Will be in Flag through November. You guys want to come up to KOA for a visit? :drinkup::clapping:

Last edited: Sep 12, 2010
  7. 1idejim

1idejim LawnSite Fanatic

you're new here, you'll catch on, welcome:)

8. hoskm01

hoskm01 LawnSite Fanatic

Yes, Welcome. Often the first few (hundred) interactions can cause some stress and confusion, but we're good people.

"What was the question" is kind of an inside joke.

9. hoskm01

hoskm01 LawnSite Fanatic

Absolutely. I've got some fires burning up there, Im up there about every other week these days. Count me in. I need some input on some goings-on (going-ons?)

BTW, I look forward to the day that I can "forget" about driving cross-country for the winter!:)

10. Mike Leary

Mike Leary LawnSite Fanatic

Sure are some nut cases on this forum

DSCN0198.jpg