Did a few apps of 1-2-3 NPP - refreshing smell!

Discussion in 'Organic Lawn Care' started by DA Quality Lawn & YS, May 16, 2012.

1. DA Quality Lawn & YS

DA Quality Lawn & YS LawnSite Fanatic

LI-700 my friend.

Also, now that we have been through some truly, truly brutal hot and humid conditions - an update on how the NPP did. I applied two apps, one toward the end of June and another beginning of July. I would say NPP did its job in mitigating the 'frog eyeing' that NRS creates. Instead of burnt out rings like on an untreated lawn with NRS, the frog-eyeing was much less severe, more of a faint ring rather than complete die out. However, as stated before, the rings are still there. I may have expected too much out of the NPP but in the end it did about what people said it would do. No not a miracle cure.

I am firmly in the court that NRS cannot be totally beaten even with a complete cultural and organic program to combat. To do that, you really need to do a total lawn renovation, get rid of the diseased sod and soil, and start over. This has been a learning experience to me, biggest learning point being NRS is a bearcat of a problem to have, like quackgrass infestation only on the fungal side of things.