1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

did anyone buy a mailing list to reach customers?

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by mwells7, Sep 24, 2007.

1. mwells7

mwells7 LawnSite Member

i was reading this book on how to conduct market research in my area and it said that i needed to purchase a mailing list so i can send potential customers my market reseach questionnaire and letter. is there a better way?????:cry: :cry: :dizzy: :dizzy:
  2. privatelawn

privatelawn LawnSite Senior Member

I use the county website, I can download all the addresses I want for free
  3. tjsquickcuts

tjsquickcuts LawnSite Senior Member
    from Atlanta

Make a friend at one of the big companies like Tru Green. I made a friend who was running leads for them and OMG did this chick bring me tons of pages of customers names and addresses.....Most were no good, but it did prove to be helpful with Landscaping leads.....
  4. mwells7

mwells7 LawnSite Member

what did you look under specifically on your counties website?
  5. privatelawn

privatelawn LawnSite Senior Member

thats a link to ours for orange county, If I want addresses by subdivision I click create labels, enter a subdivision name and it gets me every address for that subdivision

6. mwells7

mwells7 LawnSite Member

7. Coinshooter

Coinshooter LawnSite Member

Okay heres the big secret!!!! YOu want addresses??? Dumpster dive the big three pizza shops in your area on a sunday night or monday night after the office trash has been thrown out :D you will get the places where the drivers delivered and maybe even a customer order list, just dont tell pizza hut, dominos or papa johns I told you this :D they will not approve
  8. bohiaa

bohiaa LawnSite Fanatic

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
    :nono: :nono: :nono: :nono:

Dont do that
  9. MarcSmith

MarcSmith LawnSite Fanatic

dumspter diving is fairly illegal since the dumspters are still on private property...

you can always do a white pages search on line and search by street name and zip code
    here is one for my street....

its not perfect, as this one does not list my address...but the price is right...and the information is pretty accurate....
  10. Sweet Tater

Sweet Tater LawnSite Silver Member

Dude, Thats sweet. I never thought of that. Just played on it and it works great!!!!!!