did I bid right?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by mowisme, May 19, 2008.

1. mowisme

mowisme LawnSite Senior Member

I normally charge $30-$40 normal lot (consider same as mine 100x150)..But was asked a quote on one 100' across front-300' deep-300' across back. Large house with double drive. This quote is just a ball-park as I need to go look- I quoted $80-$90. Just mowing/trim..no bagging. Hoping to use 52" surfer on it- If need to use push mower- I'll turn down. I also have a 60" Lesco & a 36" Scag w/sulky..what one do you think would be best for size given? (assuming each cuts equally the same) - thanks..Geno

2. dura to the max

dura to the max LawnSite Silver Member
    from georgia

if theyre all fixed deck w/b use the 52". price sounds decent.

3. metro1handyman

metro1handyman LawnSite Member

That's about where I would be on a mow, blow and go... if they want edging(depending on how much) you might throw it in you might not... But yeah i think price sounds ok..like you said though if you have to use the pushmower..haha.. no way.

4. mowisme

mowisme LawnSite Senior Member

Dura..The Lesco 60" is a 'floating'deck and has a scag sit-on sulky (green mower with orange sulky-not real impressive color combo) Geno

5. dura to the max

dura to the max LawnSite Silver Member
    from georgia

id go w/ the 60 if it floats good then. ive never used a lesco so i dont know how well they float, but you should be fine. is the 52" is a floater id use it though. that size range seems to have the best cut IMO.